Sunday, November 28, 2010

Boring bags? Not anymore!

A friend of mine gave me a pile of plain, white paper bags and challenged me to make something out of them. Here's the result:



On the one to the far left, I stamped directly on the bag. For the other two, I first stamped on white card stock which I adhered to the front of the bags with double sided tape. The cardstock makes the bags a lot more sturdy, and on the one to the right I punched a circle and closed it with raffia.



Detail of tag. Yule stamp from Cherry Pie Art Stamps.
All other stamps from Nature's Print Shop, from the sheet of stamps called Pines Fir Yew.

The fir twigs are stamped with Archival Jet Black ink from Ranger and painted with a water brush dipped in Distress ink - Vintage Photo (brown) and Peeled Paint (green). Funny names on those Distress inks, ey? I think my favorite name must be "Dusty Concord", as I cannot help to think of an airplane that needs a good scrubbing ... (the plane is spelled Concorde, with an e, but even so!)



Close up to show the creased lines which I had made with my Scor-it-All board. I sponged lightly over the creased lines with blue Distress ink (Broken China).

God Jul is Norwegian for Merry Christmas (or Good Yule) and can be found on the set of sentiments called Norwegian Christmas. I punched a small hole in the bag and attched the tag with a blue paper string.



Or how about filling this bag with dried mushrooms and give it to someoone who loves cooking? Crushed, dried mushroom is a wonderful spice for brown sauces, for instance. Ah, just thinking about it makes my mouth water!

White bag colored with Distress inks. Mushrooms stamped with Archival Jet Black ink, both from Ranger.

Stamps from two different sheets: Mushrooms Galore and two stamps from Love Those Leaves up in the left corner.

For more information about my stamps, please visit my website



Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Love them!!! The mushroom bag is my very favorite. I love the colors you used...and the shrooms are just FUN!And how you snuck in some leaves, too! I also really like the way that big hole on the top looks...think I'm gonna have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Stacy! The mushroom bag has a lot of "smooshing", so I'm not surprised that you like that one, my smooshing friend! I think I learned it from you, many years ago.

    ReplyDelete