Friday, November 26, 2010

Christmas cards

Here are some cards I made with my new stamps:



White embossed twigs and sentiment (Panduro). Shadows added with water brush and Distress ink (Faded Jeans). Krylon silver pen on the edges of panel and base card.











Twig and cone stamped with Ranger Archival black ink. Colored in with water pen and Distress ink (Vintage Photo and Peeled Paint). Hand drawn ribbon with red pen. Aged edges with sponge and Distress ink (also Vintage Photo).














I first drew a line down the middle of the white panel, to help me get a straight garland. I then stamped the mushrooms here and there with Distress ink Vintage Photo. (I stamped the mushrooms twice on scrap paper first, or they would have been too dark). Paint hats of mushrooms with a water brush dipped in Distress Fired Brick.

I added white dots with a white marker (Sakura Soufflé).
I then masked the mushrooms before stamping the twigs. The twigs are all stamped with Distress Peeled Paint and the lighter ones are second impressions.

Sentiment from Kreativ Hobby. Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon.








And finally, a winter tag.
Mask ground with scrap paper, smudge dark blue sky with Distress Weathered Wood on a sponge. Remove mask, stamp trees with Distress Peeled Paint. Stamp cones with Archival black ink, color in with brown. Add snow on cone and trees with white marker (I used Sakura Soufflé).

4 comments:

  1. Lovely! Thanks for taking the work out of making nature prints. Great stamps! I wish you much success in your latest venture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bibi: I am so happy for you. I too love the
    nature stamps, and yours look fantastic. I can't wait to visit your webstore and check it
    out. Your blog is great, keep it up.
    Laurie
    RST lister

    ReplyDelete