Sunday, January 23, 2011

Something new, something old ...

On one of the online groups for stampers I belong to, the topic of the week sometimes includes a challenge. The challenge of Jan. 7th was, "Combine a stamp you've owned longest with one of the ones that is newest!", which is what I've done for the tags in this post. The rose is a PSX stamp that I've owned since 1999, and I've combined it with a leaf stamp from my own company.

I first made this big tag, which is colored with Distress inks and then stamped with Archival Black (both from Ranger). I colored in the rose and leaves with a water pen dipped in Distress ink. I love those pens, where the water is inside the handle. So much easier to use than a regular paint brush.



After I had made the big tag, I wanted some small tags with subtle colors. I've used Distress inks on these, too.









Here's another tag with a stamp from my own line combined with an old stamp; this butterfly is from Dewey, Inkum & Howe. I had seen it on the front cover of a Stamper's Sampler that I bought when I was in Idaho in 1997, a magazine I bought because the front samples were so stunningly beautiful! I stamped the twig with leaves twice - first on the tag, then another which I cut out and glued on top.









The butterfly is also stamped and cut out, then I curled the wings before I glued the butterfly on the tag.









I hope other stampers will try this challenge. If you do and post it on your blog, please leave a comment and the link!

If you don't want to do this challenge, please leave a comment anyway so I know I'm not just talking to myself in here ..... :-)


The leaf stamp used on these tags is from my sheet called Twiggy Leaves. You can see this and all the other sheets at the webstore.

5 comments:

  1. Bibi, love these tags! My favorite are the smaller tags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kerri! I don't often make anything in such subtle colors, but I really liked making these so I think I will try it again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Bibi, I love the colours and the stamps that you've used - really beautiful work.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these are fabulous,
    you're so talented;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you both so much, Ali and Mervi!

    (Sorry I didn't see those comments until now! I usually get a notification when new comments are posted ..)

    ReplyDelete