Sunday, April 24, 2011

Make your own paper

Below are two cards where I have made my own background paper, using two of the close-up photos I took in the forest last weekend.



How about some reindeer lichen paper?

Embellished with a stamped fir twig and a ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

Both the reindeer and the twig are colored in with Distress inks on a water pen.

The reindeer stamp is from Magenta.




The fir twig is from Nature's Print Shop rubberstamp set #04 Pines Fir Yew.








Close-up of twigs against the evening sky. A very easy card to make!

I printed the photo out on regular copy paper, stamped a leaf three times directly on the paper, and colored them with color pencils.

Thinging of you stamp from A country welcome.




Leaf stamp from Nature's Print Shop, rubberstamp set #01 Love Those Leaves.



Taking close-up photos is a walk in the park if you have a camera. But if you're a cat, getting close to birds isn't easy at all!



Opel Susanna tries her infamous staring method (if I sit still and stare long enough, chances are one of them burdies will fly right into my mouth).








If you make your own paper out of photos, I would love to hear about it!


:-) Bibi

2 comments:

  1. I love your background paper made of photos!! What a great idea. I'm going to have to give that a try when I get a chance. I love the photo of your cat too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable cards...great ideas, cute kittie.....hope your weekend is fabby!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete