Saturday, July 2, 2011

Decorated Box

Here's a small gift box that I decorated with polymer clay, cotton lace, buttons, and some paper maple leaves that had stems of metal, which I swirled around a plier.


















The box was kraft colored. I smeared out brown Distress ink here and there, then stamped the sides with some small leaves from my set of stamps #01 Love Those Leaves.

I dyed the cotton lace with coffee first, then added some darker brown using Walnut Stain Distress ink.

On the corner and sides of the box, I added bronze with a pen.

























Before I pressed the maple leaf into the polymer clay, I added brown Distress ink to it (before baking).

It was fun playing with polymer clay again - it had been months, perhaps even a year, since I had it out of its hiding place. I'm not that good at making figurines with it, but stamping into clay is very easy - and really fun, too!

The maple leaf is 3 1/2 inches across (9 cm) and comes from the stamp set called #03 Major Maple.



Thanks for stopping by!

:-) Bibi

4 comments:

  1. Bibi, this is absolutely beautiful......I love this little box!!

    Ali xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Bibi. I love decorating boxes & have some polymer clay I've been meaning to use. I also have your twiggy leaves plate. With all those combined, I should be able to create a decent box. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth! I didn't see your comment until now (I have to find out if I can get notified every time someone leaves a comment). Anyway, thank you for the compliment. I hope you made a box! (I'm hopping over to your blog now... See ya!)

    ReplyDelete