Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Summer & Fall, Hand in Hand



I love all the fours seaons, but I have to admit that fall came upon us a little too soon this year. Summer was cold and wet here in Fredrikstad, so I was still waiting for the REAL summer to arrive when one day, the smell of fall was in the air. Oh, no! Not now! It's too soon!!

To make summer linger on for a little bit longer, I have been using my flower stamps on the cards below. I do love fall colors, too, so I decided to make cards combining summer flowers and fall colors. Smart move, huh? :-)


All flowers stamps from my own company, Nature's Print Shop. Text stamp from Cherry Pie.

Focus on the positive, it says. And fall IS beautiful when trees are turning their colors, isn't it?






To see how I made the card above, here are the step by steps.
Or you can fast forward scroll down to the other cards below.



I first embossed an image from the Weed Love stamp set, using clear embossing powder on white cardstock (I use white binding covers from Staples. They have a cool leather structure on one side, and are MUCH cheaper than regular cardstock!)







See how the image pops up when I smoosh some ink over it! I use a spong applicator and Distress inks from Ranger.

Notice how the leather structure shows, even if I stamped on the smooth side of the carstock. I love that effect!









I added 3 different colors, layer by layer. (Distress colors used: Rusty Hinge, Mustard Seed, Walnut Stain).











For the flowers, I used an image from the stamp set I call Bold and Beautiful.

The flowers are stamped with Walnut Stain, which I painted with Rusty Hinge.









I let the flowers dry, and then I sponged over them with Mustard Seed. They will be cut out, so it's OK to paint and sponge outside of the lines...











I adhered the flowers with pop-up tape, then added some glitter in the middle of them.










I used half pearls on the embossed image.















Remember to decorate
the inside as well :-)

















I used the same technique on this card; clear embossed flowers on white cardstock, sponged ink layer by layer.

The text says, "Credi in te stesso (which is Italian), Believe in yourself", and comes from Cherry Pie.






Same technique once more. This time I also spritzed water on the cardstock after I had smooshed it with Distress inks to get the spots.

I twisted the ends of the ribbon and used a bit of glue to make them stay that way.

This is another stamp from the set called Weed Love.

The text says, "Expect Abundance". Yet another stamp from Cherry Pie.






OK, OK, so fall is really here now.... I'm greeting it with this card:



I made the background paper using glossy cardstock and alcohol inks from Ranger. The leaf is stamped with Walnut Distress, which I dried with my heatgun (or it would take forever since Distress inks are made to dry slowly).



Maple stamp from my own company, Nature's Print Shop, the set called Major Maple. Embellished with a fun foam flower with a pearl in the middle and a silk flower underneath. (I'm not letting go of flowers just yet...)




Stickers from Creative Imaginations.













Happy fall, everyone!

:-) Bibi



All the ribbons on the cards above are from Really Reasonable Ribbon, my favorite ribbon store! :-)

To see all the stamps I have used on these card, this is the page to go to (towards the bottom of the page).

5 comments:

  1. Lovely cards! I am so ready for fall. Too many hot days of nearly 100 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning! I love them all! I have never tried stamping in Distress Ink and then water coloring over it....gotta try that!! Those flowers are great...what fun embellishments to a card.

    Thanks for sharing. :o)
    Hugs from SOUTH Dakota.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Barbara and StayC!

    StayC, I am forever grateful to you for teaching me about Distress smooshing and water spritzing. I've been hooked ever since! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards! All of them. I love the step by step photos too - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Sherry! I'm glad you liked the step by step photos. I will do more of those. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete