Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring into Spring!


Spring is finally here in my part of the world (south-east of Norway). To celebrate that flowers are about to spring out, I've made some spring cards.

On all the cards, I have used flower stamps from my own company, Nature's Print Shop. You can find them on the set called Bold & Beautiful.



The flowers are stamped with Distress ink. I used a yellow marker in the middle of the big flower. To create the scalloped squares, I punched out 4 purple ones and 4 white ones, then glued the white sqaures a couple of millimeters up and left over the purple ones, so that the purple ones creates a "shadow" underneath the white ones (Phew, what a long sentence! I hope it made sense.....)


Close-up of the flower in the middle, which I cut out and adhered with some pop dots to create more dimension on the card:


Leaf stamp from Nature's Print Shop, Twiggy Leaves.


On this card I stamped the flowers near the edges of a big tag, then cut around the contours with a pair of scissors:


Norwegian birthday stamp from Scrappiness.


And finally, a card that is super easy to make! Stamp two flowers with Distress ink, draw the frame with a black, permanent marker and color the line with a green marker. Stamp the sentiment with permanent black ink (I used Archival Jet Black from Ranger), and color the text the same way as you did with the frame. Mount on card stock, embellish with green fibers, and your card is done:


Norwegian sentiment stamp from Scrappiness.



Thanks for stamping by and have a happy spring! (Or fall if you live down under....)

Scrappiness' website: www.scrappiness.no
Nature's Print Shop: www.naturesprintshop.com


:-) Bibi

No comments:

Post a Comment