Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Tags!


Inspired by the colors Judi Kauffman used on her cards in my previous post, I made these tags:



And this is how I made them:

1) Spread out a few tags on a craft sheet (to protect your table).

2) Spray with 3-4 colors with your favorite medium. There are so many to choose from today (Ranger, for instance, has Adirondack Color Wash and Dylusions Ink Sprays)





3) I have made my own ink sprays. I bought Adirondack re-inkers and mixed some ink with water in small spray bottles.





4) Don't worry if the tags curl when you spray on them. They will flatten out again as they dry. You can speed up the drying time with a heat gun.





5) We don't want any ink to go to waste, do we? Turn the tags over and wipe up any ink that has landed on your craft sheet.





6) This is what my tags looked like after spraying and wiping (+ drying).





7) Smoosh some dark ink around the edges with a foam applicator (I used Distress Walnut Stain).





8) Ta-da! The tags are now ready to decorate.




9) Again, this is how they turned out. I used sentiment stamps from Ma Vinci and Quietfire. The flower stamps are from my own company, Nature's Print Shop.



Sentiment stamps, left to right:
"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket" by Quietfire Design
"If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt." by Ma Vinci's Reliquary
"Listen to what your heart is saying" by Quietfire Design
"Without art, we are but monkeys with car keys." by Ma Vinci's Reliqary
(I didn't have any car keys to spare, so I tied some vintage house keys to the tag)



Ma Vinci's Reliquary: http://www.mavinci.net/
(The art quote stamps I used are on page 74)

Quietfire design: http://www.quietfiredesign.ca/
(Stamps are listed alphabetically and should be easy to find)






And finally, a goof-up. Funny coincidence that I goofed when using THIS particular stamp! ("Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep"). Stamp from Ma Vinci.







Thanks for stamping by!

:-) Bibi















2 comments:

  1. Love these Bibi!!! Thanks for using the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Suzanne! Love your stamps! :-))

    xox

    ReplyDelete