Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Published! Grunge Resist, Halloween


It's so much fun to see my work published. Projects and written materials are turned in so many months in advance that it's something of a surprise when the issue arrives. I make a beeline for the pages!

For those of you who don't subscribe to Scrap & Stamp Arts Magazine, here's a peek at two of the projects that appears in my article, Grunge Resist Part I (in the October 2012 issue). 




























Full instructions and step by step photos are in the magazine, and as of now back issues are available.  Unfortunately, the photos I provided got mixed up during the publication's layout process but their apology correction appears in the December issue to straighten things out.  "Resists" are lots of fun - a way to get unexpected effects - in this case, eerie and spooky.


This technique can of course be used for other projects than spooky cards, and I have just sent in my Grunge Resist Part II article to the editor of Scrap & Stamp Arts Magazine, an article that will be published in their April issue. That's all I can say right now, so stay tuned! :-)


Cats and Clock stamps by Cherry Pie Art Stamps
Fir Needles by Nature's Print Shop (the fir needles stamp is available as an individual stamp and can also be found on a sheet with other needle tree stamps)
Scrap & Stamp Arts Magazine can be found here.


Thanks for stamping by!

:-) Bibi

4 comments:

  1. Very cool projects! I will check out the mags. Love the stamps! Cherry Pie stamps are a firm favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bibi, I just now made a card using this technique and I LOVE it!! I am referencing you and S&S magazine in my blog when I publish my card tomorrow. This has to be the most fun Halloween technique I've ever seen and it truly is eerie and a little spooky. Thank you for sharing it with the public!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are gorgeous, Bibi, and I love this technique. I am a friend/follower of Shea's and saw her card and she sent me to your blog. I am going to see if I can find that October issue of the magazine. Thanks so much for sharing it with the public.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for such great feeback! :-)))
    Shea, I love the card you made. Such fun to see how other stampers are using this technique. Thanks for sharing!

    Check out Shea's post here: http://glitterandbonbons.blogspot.no/2012/10/spooky.html

    XOX,
    Bibi

    ReplyDelete