Sunday, November 11, 2012

Christmas Card with Swirls

On this card I wanted to use a stamp of a bird that I designed for my previous stamp company, Stampinavia, back in 2000. The "Dompap" can often be seen on Norwegian Christmas cards, and the reason why it's not common in the US, for instance, is that its natural habitat is in Europe and Asia. The male has red feathers on it's chest and belly - perhaps that's why we assosiate it with Christmas. That, and because it loves to eat oat from the sheaves we often put up in our gardens in the winter (it's decorative and feeds birds at the same time). The English word for Dompap is (Common) Bullfinch and Eurasian Bullfinch, it's Latin name is Phyrrula phyrrula.

Other stamps I hve used on this card is Pine Twig and cones from Nature's Print Shop, Floral Swirls from Cherry Pie Art Stamps, and God Jul (Merry Christmas) from Inkywings. The diecut swirls are from Tim Holtz. The Dompap bird stamp from Stampinavia is available at Kreativ Hobby.





Detail: Stamp the same swirls in different colors;
here I've used brown on the white panel and green on the base card.



Thanks for stamping by!

:-) Bibi

3 comments:

  1. Truly beautiful!! I normally don't care for Christmas colors (it reminds me of the Italian flag! LOL) but I love the combination in your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, BTW, that CP stamp is my fave too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Marina! :-)

    Let's mention that you are Italian or you may get in trouble ... LOL
    I have made a few Christmas cards in the trad. colors, and many more in non-trad. This year, blue and turquoise seems to be my "theme".

    Yeah, I love that CP floral swirl stamp! It's so beautiful and versatile - can be used for any occasion.

    XOX,
    Bibi

    ReplyDelete