Friday, February 8, 2013

Singing in the Rain



This is the second time I've made a page in my art journal after having been inspired by a prompt over at One Year in the Life of an Art Journal.
This time the prompt was: RAINY DAY. Drip some paints on your page, and share a little bit about what the perfect rainy day looks like to you.

I love rain - especially in the summer. And I love singin' along to the old classic, Singing in the rain. On YouTube, I found the famous clip from the movie where Gene Kelly dances in the rain, and I had it playing over and over again while I was working on my journal page. I also printed out a photo from the scene where Kelly dances with a street lamp.




I've used ink sprayks on watercolor paper, but I had obviously bought a cheap kind this time - it wrinkeled when it got wet! Oh, well ....So does paper when it rains, so I guess it was meant to be ...

The orange-yellow line (soft pastels) represents a flash of lightning, because when it rains in the summer, I like that, too!

The musical notes are rubber stamps, so is the large letters on the bottom (from Just Jhone, unfortuntately they are no longer available). Inside the letters, I wrote things I like about rain.


I wrote the text inside the letters in Norwegian.
It being my first language, it felt natural to do so.


When it rains, I get a craving for hot chocolate with whipped cream. When it rains, I don't have to water all my flowers. When it rains, it smells fresh. When it rains, it drums on the roof and on the windows. When it rains, the nature gets nourishment.



Detail from chipboard letter:

The chipboard letters were silver and I painted them with alcohol inks, then made drops of rain with Dimensional Magic over which I sprinkeled some glitter. This girl gotta have her bling! :-)



Detail from hand written text:

With an orange glitter pen, I added strokes to the word "glorious", and finally sprayed Pearl mist over the entire page to make it appear wet (bonus: more bling!)


I have ideas for another rainy page, which I will post about ...whenever it's finished :-)
One of the things that I really like about art journalling is that it's all up to me what I make, how I make it, when I make it - if I make it. No rush, no pressure. Loads of FUN! :-D


Before you leave, remember to check this post (about my previous journal page). There are stamps to win from my company!! :-)))



Thanks for stamping by!

Yeah, that's my Photoshop attempt of a rainy signature ...

www.naturesprintshop.com



12 comments:

  1. LOVE your page, Bibi! So glad the Gene is loved around the world - he's one of my faves :) Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kay! This song and watching Gene dance always make me happy, and right now it also makes me long for the summer and its gentle rain ...

      Delete
  2. That is awesome. You are such an inspiration - now an art journal is on my list of things to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, paulaj! I am SO happy if my art journalism has inspired you to start one! :-D

      Delete
  3. Lovely! It is raining today in sunny Southern California. Timing is fantastic. I enjoy the rain, just as I enjoy snow...wonderful as long as I don't have to drive anywhere. Thanks for the earworm Previous one was from a James Bond movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barbara! Funny coincidence with the rain today in S. CA! I bet it was welcome :-)

      Delete
  4. Love the colors and composition! I am not so fond of the rain myself but I'm happy for my plants and flowers. I always think that they are enjoying it and they usually do as they always grow faster when it rains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marina! I guess the only plants that aren't fond of the rain are cacti. But of course, there is a limit of how much rain we (people and plants) want ... 3 weeks in a row last summer wasn't much fun, and some plants drowned :(

      Delete
  5. oohh I love this, especially those chipboard letters!!! Thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete