Thursday, April 18, 2013

Modern Grid Technique


These two cards were inspired by a project by Holly at Quietfire Design's blog, which you can find here (with instructions): http://quietfirecreations.blogspot.no/2013/04/modern-grid-god-grant-me.html
Robyn also made a card using the same technique -  click here to see it.


This is the first card I made. I had first stamped the maple leaf (Nature's Print Shop) with red ink, then added some yellow and green ink with a waterpen. I wanted the leaf to pop out more, so I drew the black outline with a pen. After the card was finished, I adhered three buttons in a tic tac toe fashion :-)



I thought this was such a fun technique, I had to make another one!

The poodle playing in the pile of leaves is a stamp from RubberHedgehog Rubber Stamps, known for their great selection of dog breed stamps (and much more). The calligraphy stamps are from Quietfire DesignThe leaves and the weed stamp (inside the hearts) are all from my own company, Nature's Print Shop

This card turned out so big, I will use it in my dog scrapbook.


If you have been to my blog before, you may know that I have a black standard poodle. I didn't think black would look good on this autumn-ish card, so I colored it brown instead.




Thank you so much for the inspiration, Holly! I will certainly make more cards with this fun technique! :-)


:-) Bibi

www.naturesprintshop.com




No comments:

Post a Comment