Friday, May 17, 2013

Hurra for 17. mai!


May 17th is Norway's National Day and also my mom's birthday. I made this card for her in the colors of the Norwegian flag, plus spring green. The black poodle looks like mine and the tan one like my mom's. 




Balloons: My Heart Stamps For YouSentiment: Stampinavia/Kreativ HobbyRibbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon


Both poodle stamps are from RubberHedgehog Rubber Stamps. They have an awesome selection of dog breed stamps (as I mentioned in my previous post), and lots, lots more. Love that company! I'm not affiliated in any way, just a big fan :-)

Gratulerer med dagen to my Norwegian readers! (It means Congratulations with the day, literally translated). I am very grateful for living in a country where we take peace and freedom for granted. I am proud of my country - the best country in the world, according to some rankings:

"For yet another year, Norway tops rankings of global wealth and well-being. In the latest ranking by the London-based Prosperity Index, Norway remains the most prosperous country in the world for the third year straight. Norway also tops the UNDP Human Development Index for 2013 - a score that effectively awards it the title of ‘The world’s best country to live in’ for the fifth year in a row." (Read more here)


Of course there is always room for improvement, won't there always be, but compared to most people on this planet, we Norwegians are extremely lucky. Let us remember that today, and let us never, ever forget the less fortunate. Share your wealth, do something good.

We can all make a change that really matters to someone


Thank you for stopping by!




4 comments:

  1. Oh.. happy day! I didn't know you had a 4th-july-kind-of-day. Norge flags and fireworks? And congrats for the top ranking. If you had a warmer weather, we'd all want to move there!!! Maybe you don't get a better weather just to keep us all away LOL I know Canada also ranks very high or maybe it's just #1 and again, way too cold there!!!
    How fun that card with your dogs! And happy Bd to yourmom! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I correct myself: Canada is #1 for the quality of life, it's another ranking. You are the most prosperous (wow!). The US doesn't even appear in the first 10!!! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for commenting, Marina! :-)
    We don't use fireworks, too light in the nigh to see any this time of year.
    New Year's Eve, however! We go crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your stamps Bibi! My dear, dear friend from so long ago.. May 17 came and I thought of you and your wonderful country still after 20 years! "Ja vi elske dette landet"!!

    ReplyDelete