Monday, July 8, 2013

Right Side Art Journaling


For a long time now, I have been in the "What if ...?" mode. Meaning I don't know what I am going to make, I don't have a specific result in mind, I just play with inks and paint, pens and stamps, or whatever lies on my work table at the moment.

Sometimes, wonderful things happen! Other times, they don't. But I always, always have FUN! When I play like this, it truly is the process that matters, the journey - not the destination.

This art journal page "just happened" after two days in a row of What if I ... and what happens when ... and I wonder what would.....



Background made of spray inks, acrylic paint, soft pastels, glitter glue, and Jet Black ink (rubber stamps by Cherry Pie). Face sketched on copy paper, colored with soft pastels, cut out and adhered to the background. And Pam, if you read this, notice the piece of lace from the stash you sent me! :-)

This is what the background looked like before I went coo-koo bananas:




A friend of mine came by, and since she was going out to a fine restaurant the next day, she decided to use gloves. I rarely do, and when my hands are stained like this, it means I've had a GREAT day! :-)




Signing off with a clean hand ... (I better go do something about that ASAP!),







16 comments:

  1. Oh Bibi I so love this page!!!! It is incredibly awesome. I love your work so much. Cheryl McKenney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Cheryl!!
      XOX

      Delete
  2. Awesome Bibi, love both pieces - the left side of my brain is always telling me that there's a bit of housework in the mix somewhere????? So, I really, really like what the right side says the best!!!! ;) The abstract is amazing, love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose! I just shared a picture on FB where it said, "She woke up one day and decided to quit cleaning her house and start decorating her soul instead." I guess that explains why my house looks the way it does, haha! ;-)
      XOX

      Delete
  3. I love it, Bibi. Very cool page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love your page but I also LOVE that hand. I so enjoy ending a day with mucky mitts :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, TwinkleToes! "Mucky mitts" - I love that!! Would be a very cool company name :-)))
      XOX

      Delete
  5. Bibi this is a wonderful page and a wonderful blog! And I'm with you...I am at my happiest covered with paint or having grout under my nails (I mosaic as well). I also love that your girl has red hair!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynn! Our stained hands and nails reek happiness! :-)
      I am a red head, now and then ... not naturally, but hair dye can do wonders to a boring brunette :-D
      XOX

      Delete
  6. Oh Bibi, this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I love that you used something I sent you on this page. Stained hands mean happy hearts. I love all the elements you used to complete this BEAUTIFUL page!!! Hugs, Pam =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam! The lace was the icing that was missing :-)
      XOX

      Delete
  7. Great manicure idea! You might launch a new trend ;-)
    Great artwork too as always!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marina! I would LOVE it if this trend catched on! :-D
      XOX

      Delete
  8. Love this creative process! Love the end result just as much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacy! The only "thing" missing in the process was your presence ...
      XOX

      Delete