Monday, August 5, 2013

WYSIWYG

WYSIWYG  is an acronym for "What You See Is What You Get". In computing, a WYSIWYG editor is a system in which content (text and graphics) displayed onscreen during editing appears in a form closely corresponding to its appearance when printed or displayed as a finished product, which might be a printed document, web page, or slide presentation (quote Wikipedia).


Often, we humans apply WYSIWYG in meeting with other humans ... A first impression, what is it really? What can a first encounter with someone else really tell us about that person? It can tell us some, yes (she has grey hair and blue eyes, for instance), but how much of WHO that person is can we know? Not much. Yet, we often base our opinion about someone by our first impression. A second or third won't give you the full picture either. In fact, you may have known someone for your entire life and you still cannot see everything ...

What You See IS NOT What You Get .....


BUT ......... Admit it ... Life would be unbearably boring without me.


This page came about after a challenge on a FB group I belong to. The challenge was to grab a background and alter it with layers. As with a human being, there are layers upon layers here, and so much else going on that the original background is hardly visible any more ... I added a few clues about who I am; some humor, some love, text, some of my fave colors ... and yet:

What you see is but the surface. 

And, interestingly enough (I think), if 10 people were to look at this surface (or me), I'd get 10 different opinions about it.  Am I any of those 10 perceptions? Perhaps all, perhaps none... After all, WYSINOTWYG ;-)


And with that, I wish you all a fabulous week! Hurray, it's Monday!! :-D

XOX,
Bibi












7 comments:

  1. Bibi, Wonderfully beautiful page. Each and every layer give this page it's personality. I absolutely love it and I absolutely love you.

    I'd love to admit it. Life would be unbearably boring without you!
    Hugs, Pamikins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Pamikins! Love you, too! And I have to say, life would be dreadfully boring without you! <3

      XOX

      Delete
    2. Thank you, my long lost sister!

      Delete
  2. This is a stunning page! And although I know some about layering, I could not clearly tell, how you accomplished it. And I really like your explanation, it is true :-)
    I wish you a wonderful summer week
    Hugs
    Gabriele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Gabriele! Glad you liked the page as well as the explanation :-)

    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the page... and like even more what you wrote about it. It's so true... most of us are way more than what someone sees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Boo! Glad you liked it :-)

      XOX

      Delete